Benefits of essential oils of lavander
Since a while, lavender is used as cosmetics and hygiene product. In roman empire, patricians and top citizens used to add lavender in their bath. Its name comes from the latin lavare what means to wash.
Lavander weddings : 46 years of marriage.
Symbolic : in flower language, lavender means “answer me”.
In a love or friendly relation, it’s a symbol of tenderness.
Essential oil of lavender is one of rare oils what can be used pure. (undiluted).
It’s hard to avoid the hype advertising over other product and give us the feeling they are absolutely necessary. Moreover, they are expensive and pollutant. While making up by yourself hygiene products is very easy, economical, ecological and safe. Fabric softener, laundry products, dish soap, dishwasher products, WC, floor and window pane maintenance and as shampoo, shower gel, skincare.
Essential oil (HE) of lavender is sold in dropper bottle to facilitate dosage.
Unlike the name, essential oils aren’t oily because the liquid and aromatic volatile components are obtained by distillation and extracted with solvents. Essential oil of lavender is not fat and doesn’t stain.
To make yourself sure, you can experiment and let one drop of essential oil of water on a piece of cloth and next day you will note there are any taint.
- 1 drop in a neutral tablespoon to have a bubble bath. Relaxing and calming bath.
To relax, to calm, to find some sleep, massage foot, wrist and plexus with some of essential oil of lavender (3 drops) and massage oil mixed.
For a relaxing sleep.
Some drops in room’s radiator humidifier, in a pomander or over a handkerchief behind throw pillow will help to fall asleep and decrease anxiety.
Anxiety, insomnia :
2 drops of essential oil of lavender over throw pillow and a handkerchief you’ll sniff during the daylong.
Some drops in room’s radiator humidifier, in a pomander or over a handkerchief behind throw pillow will help to fall asleep and decrease anxiety.To relax, to calm, to find some sleep, massage foot, wrist and plexus with some of essential oil of lavender (3 drops) and massage oil mixed.
- To get shiny and perfumed, put some lavender in vinegar. Let it macerate during at least 1 week then filter it. Rinse your hair with that mixture. You can also use that mixture on your kid’s hair because lavender repels lice.You can add some of essential oil of lavender directly in the vinegar and use it without waiting (just think to shake the bottle each time you use it)
Vinegar is often used in the recipe below, if some vinegar’s odor left, keep in mind that when it will dry, it will fully disappear and will let a good lavender perfume.
With some drops of essential oil of lavender added to white vinegar, perfect to make a “shiny rinse” of your hair (lavender regulate sebum). Dandruff.
In a spray, mix mineral water with essential oil of lavender. Shake and spray the head at least once a week.
Homemade shower gel
210 ml of mineral water, 140ml of liquid Marseille’s soap, 6 drops of essential oil of lavender. To conserve it long, add 4 drops of E vitamin.
You can add, if you want to have an entire shower gel : one tablespoon of amand oil and one drope of essential oil of tea tree to sanitize.
A lot of shampoo are petroleum made but you’ll probably prefer to preserve your hair with natural product and make shampoo or shower gel by yourself.
Measure 100gr of grated Marseille’s soap, 10cl of water, pour in a water bath container and warm it up always mixing. When the mixture is thickened, add 5gr of olive oil, keep mixing until the mixture turns homogeneous. Now get it off the fire but keep it in the water bath, add 20 drops of essential oil of lavender, mix until you get a white sticky paste. Pour in a flexible plastic mold.
When mixture is dried, use as described bellow :
Wet your hair, rub the soap on your hair, chafe, rinse. Do it once again, you’ll get a thin foam. Rinse finely with cold water (warm if you can’t). Hair are now soft ans strong and they smell good.
- To perfume your clothes, add 10 drops of essential oils on a dishcloth before introducing it in the dryer and turning it on.
Laundry liquid homemade.
- In a clean bottle with a screw cap put : 3.5 Liter of water, 150g of real grated Marseille’s soap, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of essential oil of lavender to have a good Provence smell. You can also add 2 drop of essential oil of tea tree (usefull to sanitize).
Each laundry, putt in your washer the amount of one glass of your own laundry liquid homemade, you’ll be impressed by the results. (Shake the bottle each time before using it)
Homemade fabric softener
- Prepare a clean bottle with a screw cap, put 1 liter of white vinegar and 30 drops of essential oil of lavender. Add each laundry ½ glass of it in the washer in the fabric softener compartment (shake the bottle before using it). That fabric softener will make your laundry white, rekindle colors, reduce static electricity and will act against bacteria that survive during laundry (socks, kitchen dishcloth) and in addiction, it will act as an antiliming because vinegar is a natural antiliming.
It’s fine to clean pane and mirrors too.
Applied very early, essential oil of lavender will make disappear all burning feelings. Blisters on the skin will not appear and burned skin will be removed, once the new skin formed. That cure works on solar burns too.
Good to know : There are 3 degrees of burn. The first degree (redness), the second degree (blisters on the skin) and the third degree (serious violation). On the safe side, we cure only first burn degree. For the other, you’d rather be consulting a professional.
Insect bites, pimples : putt 3 drops on a piece of cotton and directly apply on burned area, keep the cotton on the wound 5 to 10 minutes.
Put some drops of essential oil of lavender on finger tips and give your temples and neck a massage. Relaxing effects.
2 drops of oil essential of lavender + 2 drops of removed eucalyptus + 2 drops of niaouli in 2 tablespoon of vegetal oil and massage around the ears.
For baby’s and kids care (with caution)
One drop of essential oil of lavender in a tablespoon of vegetal oil massage on the stomach
Bath for a beautiful skin :
To get a soft and perfumed skin, add baking soda in the water bath, 4-5 spoon of salt and some drops of lavender.
Recipe of a revitalizing bath :
Full a shaker with ¾ of mil pouder, add water and shake. Then add 20 drops of essential oil of lavender. Put it in a warm bath. That bath will bring you relaxation and wellness and will protect your body from colds.
- In a can, put 2 teaspoon of white vinegar, 1 spoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of essential oil of lavender. Complete the mixture with hot water to reach 1 liter. (shake before using)
- There are not worst product than chimical spray to harm bronchi. Very polluting and aggressive in a space confined.
During a natural ride, pick up 2 or 3 little porous stones. Pour 4-5 drop of essential oil of lavender, once a week (keep the same stone). Your WC will be effectively sanitized and nicely perfumed and health safe.
Expectant mother should avoid using essential oil of lavender during the first 3 weeks of pregnancy and during nursing.
On a sunburn, apply vinegar compresses with a few drops of lavandin essential oil.
If the sunburn is too extensive or difficult to access The white vinegar with a few drops of lavandin essential oil vaporized directly on the skin will relieve the pain, your skin will heal faster. This very simple lotion may even prevent you from peeling.
You can also use natural yoghurt which is an excellent emergency remedy against mild sunburn. Add 4 ... 5 drops of lavender essential oil to natural yogurt, mix and spread on the burned area. Rinse after about ten minutes. This remedy is soothing and moisturizing.
In summer, put a cloth previously wet in a mixture of water and a few drops of lavandin essential oil in front of the fan, you will be refreshed faster and a good smell of lavender emanate from your ventilation.
During hot weather, make ice cubes where you put lavandin flowers, unmould the ice cubes in an open container, place it facing your fan, the air will be even cooler and a pleasant smell of lavandin will emerge.
- Put a few drops of lavandin essential oil, (it is anti-bacterial) in baking soda. Introduce this mixture into a sock or stocking that you place in your sneakers or shoes. Leave it all night. Whenever you use this mixture, add a little lavandin essential oil.
- This deodorant can also be used in toilets where all other rooms of the house, in this case you can put the mixture (essential oil and bicarbonate in pretty pockets Provencal style, country style, marine, floral or any other style of fabrics, you can get some on our site.
Fight Against Lice
Put a few drops of lavender essential oil in the dose of shampoo and wash the hair normally; then pass the comb to lice (pharmacy). In prevention, put a few drops of lavandin essential oil on the finger and pass behind the child's ear.
Anti-lice vinegar If lice are rife in your children's school, protect them by rubbing their scalp every morning with lavandin vinegar that you prepare by adding 10 ml of lavandin essential oil with 50 cl of alcohol vinegar.